Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice. I love paella, but it's expensive and not everyone likes the mussels and sausage in it. Penang Chee Cheong Fun (Steamed Rice Rolls with Shrimp Paste)Awayofmind Bakery House. Steamed Glutinous Rice with Dried Shrimps, Chinese Sausage and Mushrooms (Lor Mai Farn)The Food Canon.
These shrimp are super-easy to make–just coat them in a simple batter, cook them in a little oil and toss with a tangy sesame-orange sauce. The staff at EatingWell simply could not get enough of these delicious shrimp while we were developing this recipe. Serve with: Brown basmati rice and steamed. You can have Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice
- Prepare 1/2 of Yellow Pepper.
- You need 1/4 of Red Onion.
- You need 1 Cup of Golden or Yellow Rice (Arroz Amarillo).
- You need 1 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 3/4 Tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Coriander.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Tumeric.
- You need 1 Can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Water.
- You need 12-24 of Pacific Shrimp 26/30 count.
- It’s of Mrs. Dash to Taste.
- Prepare of for the sauce.
- You need 2 of Cried Prunes Re hydrated.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Orange Marmalade.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Raisins.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Broken Walnuts.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Orange Peel.
How To Make Homemade Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice. Whatever You Call It, We've Got The Best And Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe You Can Find. It Tastes Like It Came Straight From The Restaurant. Spanish rice is essentially a rice pilaf, but with southwestern flavorings.
Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice step by step
- Place cooking bowl in your Rice Cooker, and add Olive Oil. Turn on and let heat for 1 minute. Add red onion, garlic, oregano, coriander, cumin, salt and turmeric to the bowl; stir using a wooden spoon, to coat with oil. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Add golden rice, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add water; stir. Add drained tomatoes on top of rice – do not stir in. Cover and make sure the Rice Cooker is turned on to cook..
- Use cooking spray on the interior of your steaming tray. Pan fry cleaned (tails off, and deveined if you did not already purchase them that way) shrimp for 1-2 minutes before placing them in the steaming tray. After 25 minutes of the rice cooking, place the steaming tray on the cooking bowl, (or in the cooking bowl, if not using a Cuisinart Rice Cooker / Steamer.) Cook until the rice cooker switches to warm mode..
- WHILE THE RICE IS COOKING, prepare the Sauce – Combine in a small saucepan the 1/4 cup of the marmalade, (reserving the rest) with raisins and prunes. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes more. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of marmalade, with walnuts, water and the orange peel..
- To serve, place the rice in soup bowls, arrange the steamed shrimp on top of the rice, and spoon the orange sauce atop the Shrimp and Rice. If you have remaining orange sauce, it can be reserved for several days after for use in other dishes..
The browning is essential to the nutty, almost toasty flavor of the rice. And although bouillon can be substituted for the chicken stock, nothing beats homemade chicken stock, whose rich flavor is absorbed by the rice as it cooks. Make your taste buds dance with this delicious and colorful meal that is full of flavor. Honey Orange Firecracker Shrimp was a last minute swap for the Orange Peel Shrimp we were going to make last weekend (based on my P. Chang's Add Sriracha instead of crushed red pepper, the creamy sauce will blend more thoroughly than the chili flakes.