Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti. Ziti and Italian sausage baked with mushrooms, onion, celery, mozzarella and a simple tomato sauce. This is great but the second time I made it I made modifications: I sauteed the sausage along with the vegetables and then just added the tomatoes and seasonings. The Sweet Italian Sausage gives it so much flavor and contributes to the protein in this dish, helping you feel full.
I like to use sweet Italian sausage. Usually it is sold in casings. How about Italian for dinner tonight? You can have Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti
- Prepare 4 quarts of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 12 ounces of ziti pasta.
- It’s 2 ounces of olive oil.
- It’s 8 ounces of sweet Italian turkey sausage link — remove from the skin (pork works great too).
- You need 5 cloves of garlic — chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small Vidalia onion — julienne.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 of small jalapeno (if you like it spicy leave the seeds in) — finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium red bell pepper — julienned.
- It’s 3 ounces of button mushroom — quartered.
- It’s 14 1/2 ounces of petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 ounces of tomato paste.
- You need 8 ounces of heavy cream.
- Prepare as needed of salt.
- Prepare 8 leaves of basil — chiffonade cut (fine ribbon).
- Prepare of as desired Parmesan cheese.
Whether you prefer it sweet or spicy, Italian sausage is a great go-to protein any weeknight. Blending Italian sausage and beef together gives it a slightly spicier, more interesting flavor and a richer Italian sausage pasta is often made with red sauce, but this creamy baked ziti makes a nice. Throw in some Italian sausage and sweet peppers, and the smell of this baked casserole will lure everybody into the kitchen even though the sun's While the baked ziti is in the oven, all you need to do is throw together a salad, or steam (or grill!) some vegetables to serve with it. Cook the ziti according to the package directions.
Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti instructions
- Bring the water to a boil with the salt. Cook the pasta per the box directions. Drain and place in a covered bowl..
- In a large sauce pot break up the sausage and saute the sausage with the olive oil until lightly browned about 4 minutes over a moderately high heat.
- Add the garlic and the onions and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add the fennel seed, oregano and black pepper..
- Add the jalapenos and the red bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add the diced tomatoes with juice the tomato paste and heavy cream and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Adjust the seasoning with salt as needed Add the cut basil and add just before service..
- Toss with the pasta and serve..
Baked Ziti Recipe With Ground Beef and Italian SausageThe Spruce Eats. Roasted Fall Vegetable & Italian Sausage Sheet Pan MealFoodie with Family. How to make Italian Baked Ziti. Baked ziti should be a simple pasta casserole, but too often it turns out dry, bland and downright unappealing, especially when made ahead. We prefer hot Italian sausage in this recipe, but sweet Italian sausage will work fine as well.