Red Lentil Dahl 1.
You can have Red Lentil Dahl 1 using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Lentil Dahl 1
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil (coconut or rapeseed).
- It’s 2 of medium onions, diced.
- It’s 2.5 piece of fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 500 g of dried red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 of ×400 tin of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 litre of broth or water.
- You need of Juice of half a lemon or lime or 2 tbsps of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 of tsps of tamarind.
- It’s 2 handfuls of fresh coriander.
- You need 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
Red Lentil Dahl 1 instructions
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onions and fry until softened.
- Add the lentils and 1 litre of stock, stir through and then add garlic with the ginger, turmeric and chilli powder and fresh chilli. Cover and let bubble for 15 mins..
- Add the coconut milk and then stir, cover with a lid and cook at a medium simmer for another 10-15 mins until the lentils are tender..
- Fry the remaining garlic in a bit of oil with crushed coriander and fennel seeds. Add to the dhal with a teaspoon of ground cumin..
- Add the lime juice to the dhal, season with the tamarind and salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle over the coriander and sesame seeds.