Penne w/ Parmigiano Sauce.
You can have Penne w/ Parmigiano Sauce using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Penne w/ Parmigiano Sauce
- You need 1 lb of penne.
- Prepare 1 C of grated parmigiano reggiano.
- You need 4 oz of MontAmore cheese; shredded.
- It’s 4 T of butter.
- You need 2 T of flour.
- Prepare 1 C of milk.
- It’s 1 C of heavy cream.
- You need 1 T of crushed pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 T of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 t of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of lemon; zested.
- It’s 3/4 oz of fresh basil; chiffonade.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt.
- You need as needed of olive oil.
Penne w/ Parmigiano Sauce instructions
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water. Drain. Drizzle with olive oil..
- Heat butter slowly in a saucepot. When butter just starts to bubble, add flour while whisking. (a smaller whisk works well).
- Cook for one minute. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon..
- Add milk, cream, and spices. Bring to a simmer..
- Add cheeses slowly while whisking to avoid lumpiness..
- Cook for 5 minutes on low heat. Pour sauce over pasta, and fold in lemon zest..
- Variations; Garlic, roasted garlic, onion, shallot, pumpkin, asparagus, arugula, artichoke, fennel, eggplant, swiss chard, spinach, broccoli, green beans, honey, kale, mushrooms, pine nuts, rosemary, thyme oregano, marjoram, mint, sage, sweet potatoes.
- Red potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, white wine vinegar, sugar, walnuts, parsely.