Roti Canai. Roti canai if translated directly from Malay language would be "Flattened bread". Roti canai is a very known dish in my home country Malaysia. It's a flatbread with influences from India.
Roti canai or roti paratha is a crispy Indian flat bread found in Malaysia. Learn how to make roti canai from scratch with this easy recipe and step-by-step video. Roti Canai is an all-time Malaysian favourite that is best eaten piping hot with any of your favourite I live in Mauritius and a big fan of Malaysian food. You can have Roti Canai using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roti Canai
- You need 3 cups of multi-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ghee/butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
I have tried the famous roti canai and have been. Apparently, roti canai made its début in the region at Mamak (Indian Muslim) hawker stalls and When this unleavened bread started being called roti canai is not known. But the fact it is no longer. Crispy and fluffy homemade Roti Canai (Roti Paratha) with step-by-step instructions.
Roti Canai step by step
- MAKING THE DOUGH… Knead all the ingredients into a dough, adding the water in at the end..
- Once the dough doesn’t stick to your hands, knead for 5-10 mins, then cover with cling film and rest for 15 mins..
- Knead for another 5-10 mins. Then cover with cling film and rest for at least half an hour..
- Oil a container with melted ghee or cooking oil..
- Divide the dough into balls the size of golf balls. Soak them in melted ghee/oil in the container for at least 8 hours, covered in the refrigerator..
- FLIPPING & FRYING THE ROTI… Oil the table/counter..
- Flatten and slap around a dough ball. Spread it evenly on the table, then either flip (lift up and throw down) or push it out on the counter till it’s stretched out and semi-transparent..
- Add melted ghee/oil onto the stretched dough, as well as any stuffing you’the like to put in it (eg, egg, cheese, bananas,etc). Then either fold it into a square or roll it into a rose. If it’s a rose, press out into a flat circle before frying..
- Move it into a pre-heated and oiled pan. Fry both sides till parts of it turn golden brown. Fluff up the roti by clapping it from the sides..
- Serve hot with dhal or curry..
Roti Canai (pronounced as "chanai"), also known as roti paratha, is a type of flatbread found in Malaysia. The one thing that I consistently repeat and believe in The Best recipe ever. Thank you very much. i cannot get the Roti Canai in Riyadh, so i have to make. Roti means bread in Malaysian, and Jackie Shonquist serves this version of roti chanai at her restaurant in Sydney's Concord. Lihat juga resep Roti canai ala kadarnya enak lainnya!