Chicken-Fried Jalapenos and Bacon Onion Burger with Spicy Mayonnaise.
You can have Chicken-Fried Jalapenos and Bacon Onion Burger with Spicy Mayonnaise using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken-Fried Jalapenos and Bacon Onion Burger with Spicy Mayonnaise
- It’s 2 cup of corn oil.
- You need 2 large of eggs, beaten lightly.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 4 large of jalapenos, sliced to 1/8in..
- You need 1 lb of bacon.
- It’s 2 lb of 80/20 ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 large of onion, ringed.
- Prepare 1 lb of deli-sliced mozzarella.
- It’s 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tsp of chipotle powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ancho chile powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of dried Mexican oregano, crumbled.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 1 pinch of epazote.
- Prepare 1 head of iceberg lettuce.
- Prepare 4 large of Roma tomatoes, sliced razor thin.
- You need 8 of bulkie rolls.
Chicken-Fried Jalapenos and Bacon Onion Burger with Spicy Mayonnaise step by step
- Heat the corn oil on low in a small saucepan.
- Assemble the dredge by mixing the flour, salt, onion powder, granulated garlic, and turmeric (turmeric for color)..
- Assembly-line style, dredge the jalapenos individually in egg, then thoroughly in flour dredge, and then toss in the oil. NOTE: if the oil doesn't spatter with a drop of water, then it is too early to fry..
- A minute or two on each side, until golden, and the out they go to a paper-towelled dish..
- In a 2 or 3qt saucepan, toss in a layer of bacon, cook it up on low, set aside on a paper-towelled plate, put in the next layer, and continue until the pound is cooked. Don't discard the bacon grease..
- Quickly, form quarter pound patties from the beef, treating the meat lightly without a lot of mixing, and season the patties with a dash of salt and pepper..
- Slam the patties, each, into a couple of rings of onions, until the onions are firmly secured into the visible bottom of each of the burger patties. Tidy up the burgers, reforming the shape and thickness a bit..
- Place the patties onion-side down into the bacon grease, which should still be idling on low heat..
- Cook for a few minutes, flip, cook for another minute or so, cover the now visible onion side with a slice of mozzarella, cook for another couple minutes, and remove from heat..
- Mix the mayo, chipotle, ancho, cayenne, oregano, epazote, and cilantro..
- Spread the spicy mayo on the top bun of a bulkie, add the jalapenos, then the bacon, then add lettuce, tomato, cheesy onion burger, and then end-cap it with the other half of the bulkie. Repeat until you have 8 glorious burgers. Enjoy..