Orange Sweet Rolls.
You can have Orange Sweet Rolls using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orange Sweet Rolls
- It’s 2 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of granulated Sugar.
- It’s 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) of active dry yeast.
- It’s 4 1/2 Cups of all-purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 of rounded teaspoon baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare of filling:.
- It’s 1 stick of butter, melted.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of Orange marmalade.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of lightly packed brown sugar,.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Icing:.
- It’s of Zest and Juice of two small Oranges.
- You need 3 cups of Powered Sugar.
- You need Dash of Salt.
- Prepare 1/8 Cup of whole milk, for a pourable consistency.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter, melted.
Orange Sweet Rolls step by step
- For the dough: heat milk, oil, and granulated sugar until warm but not hot. If you have a candy thermometer, it should be 125 degrees F) whisk flour and yeast in a separate bowl..
- Stir the warm milk mixture In to the 4 cups of flour and yeast.
- Cover the pan and leave to rise for at least 1-hour. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup flour, the baking powder, baking soda, Salt..
- For the filling: Roll the dough into a long rectangle, about 30 inches long by 10 inches wide. You'll want it to be as thin as you can get it so you can add plenty of goo. Drizzle the melted butter all over the surface of the dough. Use your fingers to smear it all around so that it coats evenly..
- Spread the Orange marmalade all over the dough, distributing as evenly as you can. Sprinkle the brown Sugar all over the marmalade. Finish with a light sprinkle of salt to offset the sweetness. Pour melted butter in bottom of baking pan..
- Gradually roll the dough towards you into one long log. Pinch seams to seal it. Then slice the log-O-dough into 1/2-inches. place rolls in a buttered pieces. Allow to rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Making the Icing: Add the orange zest and juice to the bowl add the powered Sugar and salt. If too stiff add a splash of milk, add melted butter. Whisk it together until it's nice and smooth..
- Take the rolls out of the oven when they are golden brown, and drizzle on the icing. The piping hot rolls will suck the icing right down into the crevices. And the whole dish will become googie. Serve warm.