Hearty Sausage Onion Kale Pasta. Quick Sausage, Kale, and Crouton Sauté from Smitten Kitchen Every Day. Remove casing from sausage and cut into smaller than bit sized pieces. Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to package directions for al dente.
Meanwhile, using a fork, break up tomatoes. Rinse and drain chickpeas, then stir in along with kale and seasonings. Just in time for fall, this dish combines juicy tomatoes with hearty whole-wheat pasta, sausage, and kale. You can have Hearty Sausage Onion Kale Pasta using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hearty Sausage Onion Kale Pasta
- It’s of pasta.
- You need 1 lb of mild italian sausage links cut into 1/2 " slices.
- It’s 15 cup of baby kale, cleaned and dried.
- Prepare 1 large of red onion, cut in half then cut into thick slices.
- Prepare 1 lb of dry pasta, cooked to package directions. I used small elbow.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 7 of grinds of fresh ground pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of hot water to deglaze pan.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of four cheese blend shredded cheese( parmesan, provolone, romano, mozzarella).
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil to saute sausage.
Push kale and tomatoes to outer edges of pan. Many commercial sausages contain garlic and onion, but this recipe recreates the sausage taste without those pesky FODMAPs. Add pasta evenly to the pan and press down to submerge. I use frozen chicken or turkey broth but you can buy canned.
Hearty Sausage Onion Kale Pasta step by step
- In a large dutch oven, I used a ceramic coated cast iron one, add 1 teaspoon oil..
- Set temp to medium. Once oil is hot, add in sausage chunks. Don't stir..
- Place onion slices on top..
- Let cook for 5 minutes without stirring. You are getting a good brown on the sausage. It is not mentioned in ingredients but you may now sprinkle a small amount of red pepper flakes on top of onions at this point..
- Take water and deglaze pan, scrapping up any brown bits on bottom..
- Top onions now with kale, salt , pepper and garlic..
- Turn temp to low and cover to wilt kale..
- In the meantime, pasta should be cooking and just about ready to drain..
- Cook kale about 6-7 minutes until fully wilted. Turn off heat and add one half of shredded cheese. Stir..
- Add cooked drained pasta. Top with olive oil and rest of cheese..
- Stir then serve nice and hot!.
- Recipe by taylor68too..
This hearty Lentil Soup with Sausage and Kale will warm you up and keep you wanting more! AMAZING rigatoni with sausage, kale, tomato cream sauce, Parmesan, and red pepper flakes! I mean, in this case, it could be because browned sausage and sauteed kale give just the right amount of hearty wintery-ness to the pan, or it could be the heavy handed garlic and crushed fennel seeds. This warm, cheesy hearty baked pasta is the perfect recipe for a cozy night in. How to Make Pasta with Sausage and Kale: (Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.) Gently combine the drained pasta with the kale/sausage mixture, adding as much of the reserved pasta cooking water as you want to get the amount of moistness you prefer.