Irish Soda Bread. Wanted an easy Irish Soda Bread to take into work for St. Patrick's Day, and this was it! It's not dry like some recipes are.
Buttermilk and cold butter are the secret to its delicious success! Traditional Irish Soda Bread is a dense and moist bread that requires no rising time and just four simple ingredients to make. This Irish Soda Bread is a delicious recipe that goes back many many. You can cook Irish Soda Bread using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Irish Soda Bread
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coarse sea salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried berries.
So you can have fresh bread any night!" What it tastes like. It's called Irish Soda Bread because it's made with baking soda instead of yeast. Irish Soda Bread Recipe & Video. Irish Soda Bread has a beautiful golden brown crust that's nice and crisp, yet inside the bread is soft and tender.
Irish Soda Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 425F..
- Combined flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl..
- Add buttermilk and mix until a dough forms..
- Add dried berries and knead in the bowl..
- Dust a baking sheet with flour. Form a ball with your dough and place on the sheet. Flatten the ball out and then with a large knife or pastry scraper make 2 deep cuts that almost separate the dough into 4 equal portions. You need to do that for the bread to bake completely. Dust the top of the dough with flour..
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown..
Irish soda bread is a hearty, delicious baked treat that is usually enjoyed around Saint Patrick's Day. However, this easy-to-make bread can be enjoyed all year! Irish soda bread can be served with. Most people agree on three Irish soda bread ingredients: flour, baking soda, and some kind of soured milk, usually buttermilk. But from there, it can vary widely and often with much debate.