Giada's Farmer's Pasta. Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared dish. Pick your favorite pasta from Giada's best recipes. Every bite of Giada's easy Farmer's Pasta is cheesy and delicious, thanks to fontina, mozzarella, Parmesan and provolone cheeses.
Giada took what she knew from her time cooking with her Italian grandfather and combined it with her own modern perspective to create a one-of-a-kind pasta collection with Williams Sonoma. Fact: Giada De Laurentiis is queen of pasta. A plate of farmers pasta is sure to keep you satisfied all right. You can have Giada's Farmer's Pasta using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Giada's Farmer's Pasta
- It’s of Butter for greasing pan.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of pancetta, chopped.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of whole milk.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- You need of fontina cheese, grated.
- It’s of mozzarella cheese, grated.
- You need of parmesan cheese, grated.
- It’s of provolone cheese, grated.
- Prepare of rigatoni pasta.
- It’s of italian parsely leaves, chopped.
- You need of basil leaves, chopped.
- You need of Salt and ground pepper.
- Prepare of course bread crumbs.
- Prepare of olive oil for drizzling.
Wow, that looks so good, My farmers pasta is crusty on top. It's still bubbling and I can smell the cheese. Giada De Laurentiis is an icon in the culinary world, and if you grew up even remotely interested in Giada stressed the importance of salting your water while the pasta is cooking. As our go-to guru for Italian cuisine, Giada De Laurentiis knows a thing or two about our favorite food group: pasta.
Giada's Farmer's Pasta instructions
- Butter a 13×9 by 2-inch baking dish. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and saute until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a small bowl. Pour off all but 1/4 cup of the pan drippings (if necessary, add more oil to the pan drippings to equal 1/4 cup total). Reduce the heat to medium. Add 3 teaspoons of garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes..
- Gradually whisk in the milk and cream. Bring to boil..
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook until almost al dente, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. (The pasta will continue cooking in the oven.) Drain pasta and add directly into the cheese. Add the parsley, basil, and pancetta and toss to coat. Season the pasta mixture, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared dish..
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. Add the bread crumbs and toss to coat. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the pasta mixture. Drizzle the top with extra-virgin olive oil and bake until the sauce bubbles and the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 20 minutes..
Chef and TV host Giada De Laurentiis stops by TODAY to share a light Italian recipe for easy entertaining. She whips up a campanelle pasta with a flavorful puttanesca sauce, as well as a grilled. Farmers' pasta is our family's Christmas Eve tradition. Break it out whenever you need a This recipe is adapted from Giada de Laurentiis, and it's the kind of Giada recipe that makes my grandmother. Between our burger-filled evening at the Four Seasons Tuesday night and my When my roommate first moved in last Summer she had just met Giada and gotten her autograph in.