Mini Onion Samosa. A perfectly spiced and delicious onion filling inside a crispy fried outer layer. Mini Onion Samosas together with tomato ketchup or green chutney are ideal for serving at a Cocktail Party , and when enjoyed in the company of close friends and family, you are bound to lose count of. Onion Samosa Recipe, How To Make Onion Samosa
Click here for more crunchy and tasty Evening Snacks! Serve the Spicy and yummy Onion Samosa with Green chutney or Sweet Chutney! Onion samosa is an tasty tea time snack. You can have Mini Onion Samosa using 18 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mini Onion Samosa
- Prepare 1 Cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Semolina.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of ghee.
- It’s 1/4 Teaspoon of seeds carom (ajwain).
- It’s To Taste of salt.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare 1 Cup of onion chopped.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of gram flour (besan).
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of cumin Seedsjeera (jeera).
- It’s 1/4 Teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of chilli powder.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of garam masala.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare To Taste of salt.
- You need 2 Cups of oil for deep frying.
I have prepared it by sauteing onion and adding carrot I do not remember if I ever had onion samosa in my life. But have tasted mini samosa once at our. I choose red onion to be stuffed in my Make my Mini Onion Samosa smaller than the regular ones, it was just nice for one bite. Feel free to vary the size by dividing the dough into lesser balls for bigger.
Mini Onion Samosa step by step
- For covering, take a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients well..
- Knead tight dough, cover it with a damped cotton cloth and keep it aside.
- For the stuffing, heat oil in the pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is warm, add cumin seeds.
- As cumin seed starts sizzling, add onion.
- Add salt and cover the pan with lid.
- Keep it for 5-6 minutes or till onion become transparent and stir it occasionally.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder.
- Saute it for 2-3 minutes and mix it well.
- Add Sugar and lemon juice.
- The stuffing is ready, keep it aside and let it sit for 10 minutes to cool down.
- Take the dough made for covering and divide it into 4 equal pieces.
- Take 1 piece and roll it thin and shape should be circle of approximately 8 inches in diameter.
- Cut the big circle into two semicircles.
- Dip index finger in a small bowl of water and draw a line with watered finger on the area which you need to stick as shown in image1.
- Stick it and cone shape is ready.
- Add 2 tbsp of filling inside the cone.
- Use a little water, make area moisture and stick the two flaps together with your finger making 5-6 small pinch marks on that side.
- Repeat this for all the samosas.
- Heat the oil for deep frying on medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, reduce the heat to slow and put samosa in oil for frying.
- Make sure that samosa should be submerged fully in oil.
- Fry each side of samosa for 3-4 minutes or till it gives light golden in color.
- Repeat frying for all the pieces, you can fry more than one samosa at a time in case you are using a big vessel.
- Keep samosa on kitchen towel to remove the access oil. Samosas are ready.
- Serve it withtamrind chutney (sweet and sour sauce) made with tamarind and dates.
- Tip: To make the cover crispy, ghee measurement should be 1/5 of flour measurement and frying it on low heat will make it crispy. If the measurement is wrong then it may be possible samosa will come out oily or cover may have some cuts and the filling may come out into the frying oil..
Onion Samosa is very tasty evening Snack or Party Snack. Mini samosa recipe – Potato stuffed Mini Samosa hindi and urdu Apni Recipes. Mini Onion Samosas together with tomato ketchup or green chutney are ideal for serving at cocktail parties, and when enjoyed in the company of close friends and family. Onion Samosa (Irani Samosa), Onion samosa recipe Onion samosas in other words kadai samosas or mini samosas.