Penne with Spinach, Chickpeas and Paprika. Boil water, cook pasta till al dente. Chickpeas and Spinach with Smoky Paprika. Smoked paprika is worth hunting down in a good spice section or store.
Cook the penne for half the package directions' recommended time. Add chickpeas and paprika and stir to coat. You can prepare delectable spinach penne with ricotta cheese right in your own kitchen with little to no fuss involved. You can have Penne with Spinach, Chickpeas and Paprika using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Penne with Spinach, Chickpeas and Paprika
- It’s 16 oz of mezze penne.
- Prepare 9 clove of garlic, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/3 lb of mushrooms.
- You need 6 piece of bacon.
- You need 12 oz of spinach.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
- You need 1/3 cup of cooking liquid from chickpeas or pasta.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Cook the onion and garlic in oil until softened, along with the cumin and paprika. Then lower the heat, add in the wet spinach, place the lid on the. Spanish smoked-paprika chickpeas (the protein- and fiber-rich legume native to the Middle East) with spinach. Rinse the chickpeas and transfer to a large saucepan.
Penne with Spinach, Chickpeas and Paprika instructions
- Boil water, cook pasta till al dente. Drain. I fried my bacon and then sautéed the mushrooms separately. Chop bacon into bits and set aside with mushrooms to add to mix..
- While pasta is cooking sauté garlic in olive oil. (You can cook your mushrooms at this point with the garlic if you prefer) Before the garlic browns add the bacon, chickpeas, mushrooms and cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Add the spinach in batches to wilt which should happen quickly. Then add the pasta with cooking liquid, toss quickly so pan doesn't dry..
- Serve with grated cheese..
Add a large pinch of salt and enough water to cover them by several inches. Put the spinach in a colander in the sink. Toast the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven until dark Cook the penne according to package directions. Pasta penne with roasted tomato, sauce, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil. Vegetarian pilaf with chickpeas and fresh herbs on a dark background, top view.