Mike's Crazy EZ Loco Moco.
You can cook Mike's Crazy EZ Loco Moco using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Crazy EZ Loco Moco
- You need of Loco Moco.
- Prepare 1 box of Black Angus Seasoned Beef Patties.
- You need 1 of Garlic Powder – Onion Powder – Salt – Pepper.
- Prepare 1 packages of 16 oz Long Grain Enriched White Rice.
- It’s 2 large of Large Eggs.
- You need 2 packages of 0.87 oz McCormick Brown Gravy Mix + Water.
- Prepare of Frying Oil.
- It’s of Options.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried Onions [added to your rice pot].
Mike's Crazy EZ Loco Moco step by step
- Here's all you'll need!.
- Regardless of the amount of rice you'll be needing – run cold water over your uncooked rice in a tight mesh strainer until water runs clear. Or, place in your pot and rinse until water runs clear. Allow rice to fully drain..
- In a pot with a tight fitting lid and thick bottom – bring 2 cups water, 1 cup rice and 1 teaspoon oil or butter to a hard boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer rice for 15 minutes or until water dissipates. Don't peek and lift your lid! Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes covered. ° Authors Note: This is a minimal amount of rice and will usually make about 3 cups cooked rice. If you'll be needing more rice – double this or just follow manufactures directions. I'll also add a tablespoon dried onions in the rice pot if I have them on hand..
- Season your beef patties with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder as you wish on both sides..
- Place a small amount of oil in a frying pan with lid. Cook patties until done. Pierce the center. If you see any pink or red juices – fry longer but don't over cook..
- Drain your patties on a clean paper towel..
- In a clean frying pan – add fresh oil and fry eggs over easy to sunny side up with salt and pepper. You'll want your yolks runny to be authentic. Dab oil from fried eggs..
- Mix your 2 McCormick Brown Gravy packets with 2 cups water [or, slightly less water if you want a thicker gravy] in a small pot while frying your eggs. Stir gravy constantly, bring to a boil and remove gravy from heat. You'll want to make your gravy last as a thick skin will form on the top of it rather quickly..
- Pack your rice tightly in a ramekin with a spoon and gently flip over to release from the bowl. Or, you can simply pile rice on a plate un-molded. It's your choice. Pour gravy over the top of your rice, place patty on top of rice, cover with gravy and place egg on top. Garnish as you desire! ° Garnishes pictured are dried chives and two types of fresh parsley. Serve with extra warm brown gravy on the side. Enjoy!.