Canned Spaghetti Sauce.
You can have Canned Spaghetti Sauce using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Canned Spaghetti Sauce
- You need 12 of # of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 T of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 of large onions (chopped).
- Prepare 2 of large bell peppers (chopped).
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 6-8 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 T of oregano.
- It’s 2 T of basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 3 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, minced.
Canned Spaghetti Sauce step by step
- I use a huge turkey roaster….. Dump all the tomatoes in the roaster… Allow to cook overnight at 200°.
- Mince bell pepper, celery, and onion… saute in butter….add to tomato mixture…
- Allow tomatoes veggie mix to cook for 3-4 hours…. This is what I call stewed tomatoes…. They can be canned at this point in a pressure canner for 25 minutes at 10# of pressure…
- If making spaghetti sauce add the additional ingredients and cook again overnight…..
- Is ready to can….this recipe made 14qts of sauce….pressure can for 25 minutes at 10# of pressure….