Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake.
You can have Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake
- It’s 16 Tbsp. of unsalted butter in 16 pieces.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Butter to grease pan.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cocoa.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 of eggs lightly beatened.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s of For the frosting.
- It’s 8 Tbsp of unsalted butter in 8 pieces.
- Prepare 1 of \4 cup cocoa.
- Prepare 6 Tbsp of buttermilk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 pound of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).
Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake instructions
- For cake : Place oven rake in middle position. preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch sheet pan. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk well..
- Combine butter, cocoa and 1 1\2 cups water in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Whisk frequently until butter has melted and mixture is smooth, glossy and bubbling around the edges. Remove from heat..
- Fold cocoa mixture into dry ingredients until combined. Stir in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. pour batter into greased and floured pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a oven rack..
- For frosting : Combine butter, cocoa and buttermilk in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk until butter has melted and mixture is smooth and bubbling around edges. Remove from heat and transfer to a standing mixer bowl.
- Mix on low speed, add vanilla, salt, sugar and nuts if using. Pour warm frosting over top of cake and smooth with a spatula. Allow frosting to become firm before slicing..