You can have Chicken Riggi using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Riggi
- It’s of hot italian sausage, casings removed.
- It’s of sliced button mushrooms.
- Prepare of skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s of medium onion, sliced.
- Prepare of whole tomatoes with juices.
- It’s of italian seasoning.
- Prepare of italian sweet peppers, sliced.
- It’s of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of hot pickled red cherry peppers, thin sliced.
- Prepare of marsala wine.
- You need of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s of fresh parsley, chopped.
- You need of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s of fresh basil chopped.
- Prepare of grated fresh romano cheese.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s of cooked rigatoni pasta.
Chicken Riggi step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add sausage, breaking it up, add mushrooms, onion, italian seasoning and some black pepper and cook until yegetables are soft.
- Add chicken and stir until browned.
- Add peppers, garlic and marsala and cook scraping bottom until wine is almost gone.
- Add tomatoes, lemon, broth and cream and simmer until thickened, about 15 to 20 mins.
- Add parsley and basil and serve over the cooked rigatoni pasta.