Cauliflower Pasta Casserole.
You can have Cauliflower Pasta Casserole using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Pasta Casserole
- Prepare of Head of cauliflower, cut and washed.
- You need of Mezzo rigatoni.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of Pine nuts.
- You need of Good quality anchovies rolled in capers in olive oil(preferably from Italy).
- It’s of Provolone cheese.
- You need of Or more parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated.
- Prepare of Raisins soaked in water.
- You need of Small chili pepper sliced and deseeded.
- Prepare of Saffron.
- You need of Butter, cubed.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
Cauliflower Pasta Casserole instructions
- Clean and cut cauliflower into bite size pieces..
- Pour the oil from the anchovies into a pan and add any extra olive oil to coat bottom of pan. Add fresh chili, minced garlic, and chopped anchovies and capers..
- Once the anchovies begin to tenderize, drain water from raisins add with the pine nuts to the pan..
- Remove the chili pepper strips..
- Add cauliflower, two pinches saffron and some water to begin steaming for about 10 minutes. Then remove top and allow the water to reduce by half. (Or to your preference).
- In the meantime, Cook the mezzi rigatoni until al dente in salted water, and drain..
- Add cubed cheese and Parmesan to pan, stirring vigorously. The cheese will melt fast and you want it as evenly distributed as possible..
- Add the pasta to the cauliflower sauce. Stir well to combine..
- Pour into a baking dish..
- Add cubed butter and sprinkle bread crumbs over pasta. Broil on medium heat until golden..