Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce. Drain juice from canned pineapple into a measuring cup. This delicious and flavorful side dish comes together in no time at all! The quick, versatile and healthy recipe comes from Adrienne Nicchio of North Merrick, New · Move over boring cranberry sauce!
Serve with holiday poultry, on sandwiches, with a cheese platter, or serve it as a dessert sauce for butter cookies, pound cake. View top rated Orange pineapple cranberry sauce recipes with ratings and reviews. Cranberry Sauce, Deep Fried Camembert With Cranberry Sauce, Cranberry Chicken Salad, etc. pineapple liquid removed (about the same size can as cranberry sauce. You can cook Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce
- It’s 1 (12 ounce) of bag fresh cranberries.
- You need 1.5 cups of fresh pineapple that's been cut into a 1/2-inch dice (you can use canned, but reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup or so).
- It’s 1 of +1/4 to 1+1/2 cups sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare of the zest of an orange.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare of see notes about appropriate spices in the story section above.
This recipe for Cranberry Relish with Pomegranate, Pineapple & Orange is so delicious, you'll be eating it by the spoonful! I've never even really liked cranberry jelly/sauce. I think the cranberry sauces I'd had before didn't have enough sugar in them or something because I do really like baked. Homemade cranberry sauce requires just a few ingredients and is a cinch to make.
Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce step by step
- Put all ingredients except spices in a medium saucepan, stir, and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring often..
- Reduce the heat to medium low and continue simmering, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the cranberries pop. (About 10 minutes.).
- Remove from heat and stir in spices at this point. The residual heat will infuse the sauce with the spices. (I tend to have a light hand with the spices because once you've overcomplicated your food with spices, it's very hard to correct. You can always add more, but there's very little you can do to change or cover it up once you've added too much.).
- Cool and store in lidded container(s) in the fridge..
- Enjoy! :).
This version is flavored with orange juice and orange zest, which How to make Cranberry sauce. Begin by zesting one of the oranges. A rasp grater is the best tool but any grater with small holes will work — just be. My father can't get enough of it during the holiday season. He'll even stock up on fresh cranberries when they become available in late October, and freeze them to eat I reduced the sugar by half, added orange gelatin, pineapples, mandarin oranges, and pomegranate.