Beer Can Chicken.
You can cook Beer Can Chicken using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beer Can Chicken
- You need 1 of whole chicken.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Beer Can Chicken instructions
- Preheat your barbecue or oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Take your chicken out of the fridge while you make your rub. In a pestle and mortar, bash up your fennel and cumin seeds and mix with the paprika, brown sugar, chilli powder, salt and pepper. Stir in about 3 tablespoons of olive oil until you get a nice paste. Drizzle this rub all over the chicken, inside and out, using your hands to make sure you get it into all the nooks and crannies.
- Crack your beer open, have a couple of good swigs so your can is just about half full, then lower your chicken’s cavity on to the top of the can so it looks as though the chicken is sitting on the can. A bit undignified, I know, but trust me – it’s going to be delicious..
- Cook for around 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until it’s golden and delicious and the meat pulls away from the bone and the juices run clear. If this isn’t the case (all barbecues and ovens are slightly different) just cook for a bit longer..
- Tent with foil on your counter for 10 minutes. Remove beer can and enjoy..