Turnip & maple potage (vegan). Calculate your turnip price patterns and gain the most from the stalk market! The turnip or white turnip (Brassica rapa subsp. rapa) is a root vegetable commonly grown in temperate climates worldwide for its white, fleshy taproot. Turnip is the common name for a root vegetable, Brassica rapa var, rapa (Brassica rapa rapa).
From turnepe, probably from turn + Middle English nepe, from Old English nǣp, from Latin nāpus. The component turn may be due to the round shape of the plant as though turned on a lathe, or because it must be turned and twisted to be harvested. Benefits of turnips include their ability to improve bone health and heart health, boost the immunity, prevent cancer, reduce inflammation, and regulate metabolism. You can cook Turnip & maple potage (vegan) using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turnip & maple potage (vegan)
- You need 6 cups of turnip, peeled and cut in small cubes.
- It’s 1 of medium shallot, minced.
- You need 2 liter of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of avocado oil or any neutral vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dry sage.
- You need to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of unsweetened almond or cashew milk (I've used almond).
The glycemic load of cooked turnips is Turnips are an excellent source of vitamin C. One of the many benefits of this vitamin is that it is necessary for. Early turnips have a pearly green-white skin tinged with purple and tender flesh with a peppery There are two types of turnip: early- and main-crop. E. næp, from L. napus turnip.
Turnip & maple potage (vegan) step by step
- In an extra large pot, heat up the oil at medium high heat..
- Add the minced shallots and cook for two minutes or so, stirring frequently, making sure it doesn't get brown. Lower heat if necessary..
- Add the turnip cubes and cook for two minutes or so, as above..
- Add the water and bring to boil..
- Reduce heat, add the maple syrup, the sage, fresh ground black pepper and stirr well..
- Cover and let simer for one hour..
- Put aside (or outside 😜) and let cool down..
- Once it's cooler, use a hand mixer, blender or food processor to make purée..
- Add the nut milk and mix well. You may add more or less milk to get consistency desired. (I personnaly prefer thick potage).
- Taste and adjust seasonning if needed..
- If not freezing some, put back in pot and reheat..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
The modern form of the word emerged late. A widely cultivated Eurasian plant of the mustard family, having a large rounded edible. Examples of turnip in a Sentence. Recent Examples on the Web Jack's crude lantern gave way to a turnip carving tradition in Ireland, which morphed into pumpkin carving after immigrants brought the. Turnip, hardy biennial plant in the mustard family, cultivated for its fleshy roots and tender growing tops.