Cranberry Apricot Relish with Ginger & Orange Zest.
You can have Cranberry Apricot Relish with Ginger & Orange Zest using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cranberry Apricot Relish with Ginger & Orange Zest
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of minced shallots (onions will do in a pinch, but shallots are way better for this purpose).
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of finely minced fresh ginger root (or 1/2 teaspoons ginger powder).
- You need 1 (12 oz.) of package fresh cranberries.
- Prepare 1 of orange, zested first then juiced (you can use Navel, Valencia, or Blood orange).
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s of water to make up the difference between orange juice squeezed and 3/4 cups liquid.
- It’s 12 of dried apricots, cut into roughly 1/4" pieces.
Cranberry Apricot Relish with Ginger & Orange Zest step by step
- In a large saucepan or deep saute pan, saute the shallots and ginger in the oil over medium heat until the shallots are translucent..
- Add the cranberries, sugar, liquid (all the juice from the orange plus the water), and salt and turn the heat up to medium high..
- Bring the relish to a gentle boil and keep it at a boil for 3 or 4 minutes while the cranberries pop, stirring occasionally. Pop any unpopped cranberries by pressing them against the sides of the pot with the back of a spatula, stir them back into the relish and let the relish reduce another 2 to 3 minutes over medium high heat, stirring occasionally..
- Remove the relish from the heat and cool for 10 to 15 minutes before stirring in the orange zest and dried apricot pieces..
- Enjoy! :).