Squid (Calamari) Coconut Masala.
You can have Squid (Calamari) Coconut Masala using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Squid (Calamari) Coconut Masala
- It’s 750 Grams of Squid.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1 Inch of Ginger.
- Prepare 3 of Green Chillies.
- Prepare 3 Sprigs of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1 Cup of Grated Coconut.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Fennel Powder.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper Powder.
- You need 2 Teaspoon of Peppercorns.
- Prepare 2 of Small Shallots.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Black Mustard Seeds.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 Pinch of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 21/2 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s As Needed of Salt.
Squid (Calamari) Coconut Masala step by step
- Grind ginger, garlic, green chillies & crush a few peppercorns..
- Heat coconut oil in a pan & add mustard seeds. After a minute, add ginger & garlic paste. Sauté..
- When they start to turn brown, add green chillies, crushed peppercorns & a sprig of curry leaves..
- Add the cleaned & sliced squid(calamari) into this. Mix well..
- Add turmeric powder & salt. Mix & cook..
- While it's being cooked, crush coconut, fennel powder, pepper powder, peppercorns, small shallots & curry leaves..
- When the squid is half cooked, add chilli powder & garam masala..
- Garam masala is just for the aroma. You can skip adding it if you want. Mix & cook till there's no water..
- Add the coconut mixture & rest of the curry leaves..
- Stir fry till coconut covers the squid & masala becomes dry..