Coleslaw. Coleslaw (from the Dutch term koolsla meaning 'cabbage & Mayo'), also known as cole slaw or simply slaw, is a side dish consisting primarily of finely shredded raw cabbage with a salad dressing. Here's a classic coleslaw recipe made with thinly sliced cabbage, carrots, and green onion. It's seasoned with mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar dressing.
Coleslaw is easy to make in advance. The vegetables can be shredded a day or two in advance and kept in a resealable. This easy and creamy coleslaw dressing is a breeze to make and much better than store-bought dressing! You can cook Coleslaw using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coleslaw
- It’s 1/2 of fennel bulb.
- It’s 1/2 of small green or white cabbage.
- It’s 1/4 of small red cabbage (optional).
- You need 1 of large carrot.
- It’s 1 of small red onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of sea salt (sea salt flakes best).
- Prepare of zest grated of ½ lemon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed fennel and caraway seeds, toasted in a dry skillet and coarsely ground in a pestle and mortar.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped dill.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. of natural full-fat yoghurt.
- You need 1 of drizzle of runny honey.
This Coleslaw recipe is crisp and refreshing, with just enough creamy dressing to bring it all If you need to erase the memory of the typical stale, mayonnaise-drowned coleslaw that so often makes. As in, the classic, with green cabbage, shredded carrots, and creamy If you're looking for a solid, dependable coleslaw that promises to play nice with all the burgers and. Here is a delicious coleslaw recipe that goes great with fried chicken or my favorite, fried fish. This recipe is best made a the day before you eat or.
Coleslaw step by step
- Finely shred the cabbages and fennel, using a mandolin or a sharp knife. Coarsely grate or julienne the carrot, slice the onion very finely. Place everything in a large bowl, add the sea salt and mix in well – best rub the salt in with your hands. Leave for 20 minutes – it will wilt and soften..
- Transfer the vegetables into a colander or a large sieve and rinse very well under cold running water, then leave them to drain. Spread them on at least a double layer of paper towels on a board or work surface and squeeze out the moisture..
- Transfer to a clean bowl, add the lemon zest, the fennel and caraway seeds, herbs and season with black pepper and a drizzle of lemon juice. Stir in the yoghurt and honey and check for seasoning..
Make it creamy or light to enjoy with your barbecue. An easy coleslaw recipe that's a perfect side dish for summer parties, potlucks and barbecues. My recipe is light, flavorful and has far less sugar than you'll find in store-bought versions or from KFC. Coleslaw is a summer staple, perfect at barbecues or atop a pile of pulled pork. But our easy coleslaw recipes are brilliant all year round from Tom Kerridge's hardcore coleslaw to the Hairy Bikers' light. 🎦 Coleslaw.