Best shepherds pie. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Rough up the surface of the mashed potatoes with a fork so there are peaks that will get well browned.
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. The best shepherd's pie is sometimes what I turn to when I have had a bad day, if I'm feeling down, cold, or, just for any reason at all and I need to indulge in some gorgeous comfort food, and you know. You can have Best shepherds pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best shepherds pie
- You need 2 of packages ground beef.
- Prepare 1/3 of red onion.
- You need 3 of small mushrooms.
- You need 1 of can of peas and carrots.
- You need 6 of bacon strips.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of kitchen bouquet browning and seasoning sauce.
- You need 3 of packages instant potatoes.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of parmesan cheese flakes.
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. See more ideas about Recipes, Shepherds pie, Cooking recipes. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater.
Best shepherds pie step by step
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Brown beef in bacon fat with onions, mushrooms, garlic, peas, and carrots, and sauces.
- Now spread mixture into a 9 13×9 pan cut bacon into bite size pieces and cream on top now set aside.
- Cook potatoes as directed, then spread on top of beef cover with çheese and bake at 375 for approx 20 – 25 minutes or until cheese browns, may have to broil for a couple minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes and enjoy.
Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Subscribe to BBC Good Food magazine and get triple-tested recipes delivered to your door, every month. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. Classic Shepherd's Pie recipe – a casserole of ground lamb (or beef!) mixed with vegetables and topped with mashed potatoes. Tender ground lamb (or beef) and chopped vegetables cooked in a rich gravy, topped with a creamy layer of delicious mashed potatoes and baked.