Mike's Chicago Dogs & Beer Brats.
You can cook Mike's Chicago Dogs & Beer Brats using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Chicago Dogs & Beer Brats
- Prepare 1 (12 oz) of Quality Beer Bratwursts.
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of Quality Vienna Beef Hot Dogs.
- Prepare 3 Cans of Quality Lager Beers.
- You need 1 of LG White Onion [quartered].
- It’s 10 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [smashed].
- Prepare of Fresh Ground Black Pepper [to taste].
- You need of as needed Yellow Mustard.
- Prepare of as needed Sport Peppers.
- Prepare of as needed Banana Peppers.
- It’s of as needed Fresh Firm Tomatoes.
- You need as needed of Celery Salt.
- You need as needed of Sweet Green Relish.
- It’s 1 Package of Steamed Poppy Seed Buns.
Mike's Chicago Dogs & Beer Brats step by step
- Start with quality dogs and Bratwurst..
- Add 3 quality lager beers to a large pot..
- Smash your garlic with a large knife..
- Quarter your white onions..
- Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Place everything in pot except for toppers. Boil links for 10 minutes..
- After simmering – slightly score all dogs at a slant before grilling..
- Grill meat just until charred..
- Fully charred meat links – serve hot..
- Chicago Dogs are typically served on Poppy Seed buns but, I was out of them. But steamed BallPark buns are always a good bet in a pinch..
- Top buns with fresh firm tomatoes. Round cut – then halved. Serve chilled..
- Top buns with pickle spears. Use Clausens Chilled Pickles Spears. They're the tastiest, most firm pickles out there. You'll find them in the refrigerated section of your supermarket..
- Top buns with a quality chilled Yellow Mustard..
- Top buns with chilled Banana Peppers..
- Top buns with chilled Sport Peppers..
- Sprinkle bun tops with Celery Salt..
- Also, add the onions from your beer broth or, fresh chopped onions to the tops of your dogs. Enjoy!.