Chicken Marsala Penne.
You can have Chicken Marsala Penne using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Marsala Penne
- You need of boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cut into bite sized pieces.
- It’s of to 12 ounces sliced mushrooms.
- It’s of onion, diced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Marsala cooking wine.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- It’s of dry pasta + water for cooking (I used penne, rigatoni is also good).
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese + more for serving.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- It’s of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s of minced, chopped fresh parsley for garnish.
Chicken Marsala Penne instructions
- Makes: 4-6 servings Season chicken with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet until foaming. Cook chicken until lightly browned. Transfer to plate when done. Boil water and cook pasta according to the directions. Melt additional 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet, add garlic, mushrooms and onion and cook for about 6 minutes. Add cooked chicken back into the skillet. Add the Marsala, chicken broth and cream and bring to a boil. Simmer until sauce is is slightly thickened. Drain pasta and reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add the mushrooms and chicken mixture and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and cook until the pasta has absorbed some of the sauce, about 1 minute, adding the reserved cooking water as needed. Season with salt and pepper and serve with additional Parmesan cheese and a garnish of chopped parsley..
- *I made a topping out of the chopped parsley by mixing : 1 tbs of olive oil, 1 chopped roma tomato, 2 fresh minced garlic cloves, & less than 1/4 cup of chopped parsley. (optional).
- recipe taken from : http://joelens.blogspot.com/2011/04/creamy-chicken-marsala-pasta.html?m=1.