Swiss Chard With Pancetta, Chilli And Penne Pasta. Trim the ends of the Swiss chard and cut the green leaves off the white stems. Years ago an old Italian partner in restaurant used to cook us pasta sauce like his momma made it, we often had shredded cabbage fried in a little oil with garlic and chilli as a side dish. Garden fresh Swiss chard is quickly cooked with olive oil, garlic, and capers in this quick and easy Italian-inspired meal.
This colourful pasta dish boasts all the flavours of the fall. Roasted squash, pancetta and Swiss chard add much flavour and vibrancy to this penne recipe! (This post was created in partnership with Vetta pasta). I have always wanted to eat more seasonally but it seemed like a lot of work, like too much. You can have Swiss Chard With Pancetta, Chilli And Penne Pasta using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Swiss Chard With Pancetta, Chilli And Penne Pasta
- Prepare 250 grams of Artisan sausages.
- You need 1 of as needed Pancetta.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Swiss chard leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Diced onion.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Double cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- It’s 230 grams of Penne pasta.
- You need 1 of as needed Italian hard cheese.
This swiss chard with pancetta recipe adds salty with the pancetta and sweet with the golden raisins to make one of my favorite veggie dishes. Chard is a unique source of phytonutrients called betalains. The betalain family of phytonutrients include reddish-purple betacyanin pigments as well as. This Swiss Chard Recipe with Orzo, Cannellini Beans and Pancetta is an easy one-pot meal or side dish with greens, beans, pasta and bacon, all in one!
Swiss Chard With Pancetta, Chilli And Penne Pasta instructions
- Boil a large pan of hot water and add pinch of salt. Spread the Swiss chard leaves into thing strips. Dice the onion finally..
- Heat a the oil in a large pan on a medium heat. Cook off the onion and chopped garlic for 5 mins until soft. (Don't brown them off though as they will continue to cook through the next few steps..
- Peel off the sausage skins and discard them. Add the sausage meat and pancetta to the onion and garlic. With two wooden spoons, break apart the sausage meat until cooked through. Season with a pinch of salt and grind of pepper. Continue to cook for 15 mins..
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente..
- Drain of excess fat from the pan and add the cream and Swiss chard leaves. Add the chilli flakes to taste and season again if necessary. If you needs to loose the sauce, add some of the drained pasta water..
- Stir in the drain pasta and mix everything together. Serve with grate cheese and enjoy!.
Ultra thick: Roll up chard leaves and arrange in feed tube. Mix in beans, fennel seed, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. This simple swiss chard pasta is the BEST weeknight dinner. The stems add crunch, while the leaves gently wilt into the white bean & tomato sauce. Swiss chard doesn't get as much love as its cooler cousins, kale and spinach, but it's every bit as versatile.