Spicy Roasted Tomato Ragu.
You can cook Spicy Roasted Tomato Ragu using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Roasted Tomato Ragu
- Prepare of ridged tube-shaped pasta (Rigatoni).
- It’s of medium-large heirloom tomatoes (or just some big boyes), cut in half laterally.
- Prepare of red wine.
- You need of pepperoni, cut into ribbons.
- It’s of red onion, gated.
- Prepare of garlic, grated.
- It’s of pasta water.
- You need of Parmigianno Reggiano, shaved.
- Prepare of Balsamic vinegar.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
- You need of Parsley.
- You need of Lemon Juice.
Spicy Roasted Tomato Ragu instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Place tomatoes, cut side down, in a pan that is safe for both the stove top and oven. Roast the tomatoes until they become softened, discolored and are effectively roasted, ~45 minutes..
- Smash the tomatoes into the bottom of the pan over medium-high heat and (should you elect to) caramelize for a few minutes for some bonus color and deeper flavor. Reduce to medium, add the pepperoni and sweat to render some of the fat out..
- Deglaze the bottom of the pan with the red wine and scrape everything off of the bottom with a wooden spoon. Next, introduce the grated onion and garlic to the pan, stir to combine, and reduce to a thicker paste-like substance (it'll get scary to keep cooking it, but persevere and you shall be rewarded). Keep it low and take your time, this is important to flavor development..
- Add enough pasta water to be JUST over the "too-watery" line, the pasta, a pat of butter, and final seasonings. Turn the heat off, and toss to combine. Garnish with a squirt of lemon juice, shaved parmigianno reggiano, and a sprinkling of parsley. Serve with seared zucchini and some bread with dipping oil! Mangia!.