You can have Penne Arrabiata using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Penne Arrabiata
- You need 1 small of White Onion (finely chopped).
- You need 2 of Dried Red Chilies (De-seeded and finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 large of Chicken Breasts, Boneless and Skinless (sliced, optional).
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves (crushed).
- You need 3 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 can of 400 g Peeled Plum Tomatoes (chopped).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tomato Puree.
- It’s 4 of Basil Leaves (or 1/4 tsp Dried Basil; to taste).
- Prepare 1 of Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 225 grams of Penne Rigate Pasta.
Penne Arrabiata step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan on medium-low heat..
- Add the onion..
- Add the garlic..
- Add the chili..
- Cook until the onion, garlic, and chillies are softened, stirring occasionally..
- OPTIONAL: Add the sliced chicken breast, cook until done..
- Add the chopped tomatoes..
- Add the tomato puree..
- Add the salt and pepper..
- Add half the basil leaves, roughly torn. (or the dried basil).
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. While sauce is cooking, cook the Penne Rigate. In 15 minutes, it will be cooked to "Al Dente" perfection..
- In a large bowl or pot, mix/toss the sauce and pasta until it's well coated. Or put the pasta on the plate and spoon the sauce over it..
- Serve immediately..