Huli Huli Sauce/Marinade. Huli Huli Marinade is an intensely sweet and savory teriyaki-style sauce popular in Hawaii. It's a simple mixture of brown cane sugar, soy sauce, ginger "Huli" means "turn" in Hawaiian, and legend has it that the name comes from the fact that its creator, Ernest Morgado, made it by cooking the. My Huli Huli sauce recipe is versatile, lite, and delicious pineapple ginger sauce.
Originally this chicken was cooked over a pit, thus inheriting the name huli huli or turn turn chicken. Cook it up on the skillet or the grill outside! huli huli sauce + grilling instructions. Here are the ingredients for the sauce/marinade HULI HULI SAUCE/TERIYAKE SAUCE/MARINATE/TASTY EASY This is my sauce or marinate for my huli huli chicken skewers for my Live Cooking In a few hours. You can have Huli Huli Sauce/Marinade using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Huli Huli Sauce/Marinade
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 3/4 cup of soy sauce (Worcestershire works too).
- You need 1/3 cup of cooking sherry (chicken broth).
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic mince.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ginger root (more if you like a bit to it).
Traditional versions of this dish are grilled, constantly turning the chicken back and forth as a rotisserie would. This easy recipe is made in the oven to save you time and elbow grease. Recipe adapted from Chef Greg Harrison, Pacific'O Restaurant. Huli Huli means "turn turn" in Hawaiian, and it's a marinated chicken dish that's baked or grilled.
Huli Huli Sauce/Marinade instructions
- Mix all together.
- Marinate meat couple hours(or over night) make sure to save some for cooking.
- If bbq grill meat and base with extra sauce. Or cook on stove (I chop meat) use extra as a sauce like stri fry. Or cook in oven and base (or cook in sauce) with sauce.
The marinade is sweet and soy sauce-based, and I think it's safe to say that this is my new favorite chicken dish. The combination of sweet and salty of the seriously addicting sauce is just wonderful. Huli means "turned" and describes a marinade that is commonly used on rotisserie-cooked chicken. Add tofu, turning to coat with sauce, and top cutlets with onion rings. Meanwhile preheat grill or grill pan.