Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Filling.
You can have Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Filling using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- Prepare 2 packages of dry yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 4 of cups, sifted flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 sticks of butter, cold.
- It’s 2 of eggs, well beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of scalded milk, cooled.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted butter, divided.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cinnamon, divided.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar, divided.
- It’s of nuts, optional.
- It’s of Vanilla Frosting.
Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Filling step by step
- Scald milk, let cool.
- Add yeast to warm water, stir until dissolved.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl, sifted flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in sticks of butter using a pastry cutter. Add in beaten eggs, scalded milk, and dissolved yeast. Mix until ingredients are distributed and forms a dough..
- Cover the bowl and let rise in a warm space until doubled in size, about 1 hour..
- Split dough in half. On a floured surface, roll out dough into an 18"x 18" square. Brush on 2 tbs of melted butter to each square. Sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar. Add nuts. (This is an optional filling, any pastry filling of choice can be added at this step.).
- Roll the dough into a spiral. Tuck in the ends. Place both loafs on a nonstick baking sheet. Add 3 diagonal slits to each loaf. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes..
- Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees F. Let cool..
- Frost on top and cut into 1" slices. Enjoy!.
- The loaves freeze well. Take out of the freezer the night before to enjoy the next day..