Cumin Pan Seared Potatoes.
You can cook Cumin Pan Seared Potatoes using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cumin Pan Seared Potatoes
- You need 3 of red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of green chilli, diced.
- You need 1 of red chili, diced.
- Prepare 2 of dried chilis, cut.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of dried basil.
Cumin Pan Seared Potatoes step by step
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil over high heat, add the potatoes into the pot and then turn to medium heat..
- Boil the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes until softened but still firm. Test with a fork or knife..
- Drian the potatoes in a colander and then carefully peel..
- Cut the peeled potatoes into long halfs, carefully and slightly pat the potatoes with a knife to make them flatter..
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat, add in half of the minced garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes or untill the garlic is browned..
- Turn to low heat, add in the potatoes and pan-fry the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until both sides of the potatoes are browned, set the potatoes and the garlic aside..
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium-high heat, toss in the other half of the garlic, the red green and dried peppers, season with cumin powder, salt and pepper, sauté for 1-2 minutes. I did add more olive oil in order to give the potatoes a good cover of sauce..
- Add in the potatoes and garlic and toss in the dried basil, stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes..
- Remove from the pan and serve..