Smoked deviled eggs. Hard-boiled eggs are smoked and filled with a yolk, mayo, ground mustard, vinegar and hot sauce mixture for the perfect twist on this classic snack. Barbecue Hall of Famer, writer and best-selling cookbook author Steven Raichlen has a new volume of recipes out that grilling enthusiasts won't want to miss. Smoked trout deviled eggs have been popping up on restaurant menus across the country, but the first time I learned about them was in passing, during a conversation with a co-worker.
Smoked Deviled Eggs: Is there any food more versatile than the humble chicken egg? It can be boiled, baked, scrambled, fried, poached or eaten raw! It is fantastic at binding other ingredients. You can have Smoked deviled eggs using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked deviled eggs
- It’s 7 of hard boiled eggs, cooked and peeled.
- You need 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 3 tsp of chives, diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of brown mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need dash of hot sauce.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper,.
- It’s 2 tbsp of bacon, crumbled.
- You need of paprika, for dusting.
- It’s of Wood chips and water.
These Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs always disappear in a flash when I bring them to parties. This classic appetizer has lots of fresh flavor, with smoked salmon, goat cheese, and chives. These ultimate deviled eggs transform your Easter finds into party-food favorites. Deviled eggs are a Southern staple.
Smoked deviled eggs step by step
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until fire is established (4-5 minutes). Keep the temperature on Smoke setting (set to Super Smoke mode if using a WiFIRE-enabled grill) and preheat, lid closed 10-15 minutes..
- Place cooked and peeled eggs directly on the grill grate. Smoke eggs for 30 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow eggs to cool..
- Slice the eggs lengthwise and scoop the egg yolks into a gallon zip top bag. Add mayonnaise, chives, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, salt and pepper to the bag..
- Zip the bag closed and, using your hands, knead all of the ingredients together until completely smooth..
- Squeeze the yolk mixture into one corner of the bag; cut a small part of the corner off. Pipe the yolk mixture into the hard boiled egg whites. Top deviled eggs with crumbled bacon and paprika. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!.
- Here’s a different one..
- Note- I used our colored Easter eggs. I think 30 mins is too long, or I had my heat to high idk. My first time making them..
They often make an appearance at summer picnics, church potlucks, and of course, Easter lunch. Place the eggs in a pot large enough to hold them in a single layer. Cover the eggs with cold water and bring to a full boil over high. Learn how to make deviled eggs with this classic deviled egg recipe that is ALWAYS a crowd fave Toppings: For classic deviled eggs, I typically top mine with just a little sprinkle of smoked paprika. Chef Tom cooks up a delicious appetizer for your next get together, Smoked Deviled Eggs.