Spanish Rice (My moms recipe). My mother's signature Spanish rice recipe, a delicious accompaniment to steak, chicken, and Mexican entrees such as tacos or enchiladas. My mother's Spanish rice (aka Mexican rice) is a mandatory accompaniment to any Mexican dish we serve at our house, whether it's with enchiladas or tostadas. My mom has been making today's Spanish Rice recipe for as long as I can remember and first showed me how to make it several years ago (along with empanadas, enchiladas and tacos).
My rice isn't done cooking and I'm worried all my liquid will evaporate before it is! How long does Spanish rice keep after it's cooked? This is very close to my mom's recipe with a few verations. You can cook Spanish Rice (My moms recipe) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish Rice (My moms recipe)
- It’s 2 lb of hamburg.
- You need 1 of butter, I use roughly 2 large soup spoons. enough to melt in pan to satue rice and onion.
- You need 2 cup of uncooked white rice.
- You need 1 of diced onion.
- Prepare 56 oz of crushed tomatoes (2-28 oz cans).
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to your liking.
First my mom does not use chic stock, corn, or olives. She cooks bacon in large cast iron skillet. leaves all grease in it and adds onions, grn peppers, fresh. Spanish Rice Recipe – Spanish Rice is a well-loved side dish. One of my favorite dishes to order when we go to our local Mexican restaurant is their Spanish rice.
Spanish Rice (My moms recipe) instructions
- Brown hamburger, drain grease..
- Saute onion and rice in butter over Meduim heat. Be careful not to burn rice..
- Add hamburger to rice and onion.
- Add crushed tomatoes. I also fill each 28 oz empty can with water and add. This will cook your rice..
- Bring to slow simmer, stir often so rice does not stick. I usually cook it for a hour. You may need to add additional water while cooking..
- Salt and pepper to your liking..
This is my Mom's version, which I've lightened up and recently altered slightly. My mom is famous for her Spanish rice recipe, the ultimate comfort food. When I want a taste of home, I whip up this dish. Easy Restaurant-Style Spanish Rice Recipe Video. Skip the expensive local Spanish food joint and make wholesome, easy Spanish rice at home!