Rotini with sausage and apples. I used whole wheat rotini, and I used hot italian turkey sausage as opposed to sweet, and then dialed back. This Italian Sausage Rotini is a husband favorite (our kids love it too)! It's a little spicy and really cheesy and just yummy.
The Best Garden Rotini Recipes on Yummly Italian Sausage With Pasta And Herbs, Asparagus Pesto With Gnocchi And Ham, Quick Zesty Chicken Pasta Pot. Easily enhance jarred pasta sauce with Italian sausages, garlic, peppers and onion. You can have Rotini with sausage and apples using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rotini with sausage and apples
- It’s 3 of fresh pork sausages (kielbasa, Italian, or bratwurst all work).
- Prepare 4 cups of dry rotini noodles.
- It’s 1 of large Honeycrisp apple, cored and chopped.
- You need 1 of large shallot, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of light cream.
- It’s Handful of fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons.
If you have leftover baked rotini with sausage, you can portion it and freeze it for another meal later. Cook up a batch of savory Baked Rotini with Sausage and Spinach for your dinner entrée tonight with the family. Add the rotini pasta to the boiling water. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water.
Rotini with sausage and apples step by step
- Add 1 cm of water and the sausages to a large pan on medium-high heat. Let simmer until the water boils off and the sausages are about half-cooked. While you're waiting, put a large pot of salted water on high heat for the pasta..
- Drop the rotini into the pot of boiling water. Remove the sausages from the pan and cut them into 1/2 cm rings. Return them to the pan along with the apples, shallot, garlic, and a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Fry until the sausages are caramelized and the apples softened but not mushy, about 5 or 6 minutes. Add a couple of pinches of salt and several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper..
- Stir the cream into the pan. Drain the pasta and add it, along with a splash of the pasta cooking water. Throw in the basil, then toss..
Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges. Divide the creamy red pepper rotini between your plates and top with chopped. Brown sausage, onion, peppers and pepperoni together. Mix cooked Rotini with other ingredients. Bake in. half and baked in a casserole dish.