Jeera Pulao / Cumin Pulao.
You can have Jeera Pulao / Cumin Pulao using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jeera Pulao / Cumin Pulao
- You need 11/2 cups of Basmati Rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of Ghee/Butter/Oil.
- You need 3-4 of Sambar Onions (Chopped).
- You need 2 of Spring Onions (Chopped-Only the onion part).
- It’s 2 of Green Chillies (Chopped).
- You need 3 cups of Water.
- Prepare 2 of tsps Cumin Seeds.
- You need 2 of Cardamoms.
- Prepare 2 of Cloves.
- You need 1 of " Cinnamon Stick.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Coriander Leaves.
- Prepare of As required Salt.
Jeera Pulao / Cumin Pulao instructions
- Wash the rice till the water runs clear. Then soak in lots of water for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain it completely and keep aside..
- In a cooking pot, heat ghee or oil. Add Cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon..
- Add cumin seeds and fry on low till a nice aroma comes. Add green chillies, sambar onions, onion part of spring onions and fry till the onions are translucent. Add coriander leaves and saute for a minute or two..
- Add the soaked and drained rice and saute it for 2 to 3 minutes. This helps to bring out the aroma of the rice..
- Add water, lemon juice and salt. Stir well. Keeping the flame on high, let the water come to a boil. When the water boils, reduce the flame to low and cover and cook till all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked. ie. For 12 to 15 minutes. Keep covered for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot..