Strawberry bread. Makes a sweet, moist, dense bread. I used fresh strawberries at the peak of ripeness, and was disappointed that the bread didn't have a stronger. STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD – Amazingly Delicious!
A great way to take advantage of strawberry season! When you see this Strawberry Bread, all puffed and brown, cooling on its rack, you could be fooled into thinking it is a yeast bread. Fresh Strawberry Bread, a delicious sweet loaf, quick and easy to make. You can have Strawberry bread using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry bread
- You need of Bread.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond extract.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of diced strawberries.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely diced strawberries.
- You need 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond extract.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk** (optional).
Perfect as a dessert, snack or even breakfast. Add a simple glaze to fancy it up! Refrigeration keeps the berries fresher-tasting in the bread. For people with diabetes, substitute Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking for sugar and low.
Strawberry bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees..
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined..
- In a small bowl, toss together the strawberries and the 2 tablespoons of flour to coat the strawberries. Fold the floured strawberries gently into the batter..
- Pour the bread batter into a greased 9"x5" bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the bread should come out clean. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely..
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, diced strawberries and extract in a small bowl. Mix until it is smooth..
- Once the bread is cool, spread the glaze on top of the bread. Slice and serve..
- We didn't need any milk or cream to make the glaze spreadable, but it may depend on the juiciness of your strawberries. The glaze will be very thick and look like it is not mixing up, but if you keep mixing, it should create a nice creamy pink glaze as shown below. If it doesn't, add milk or heavy cream 1 tablespoon at a time. The glaze will soften as it sits too since the sugar pulls out juices from the strawberries. Keep this in mind when adding milk and don't add too much!.
- I often add an extra teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract to the bread batter (along with the wet ingredients) for an extra boost of flavor. I do this especially if I'm not putting the glaze on top. The bread has the most flavor when you add the strawberry glaze!.
Download Strawberry bread stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Sweet and luscious strawberry bread is a simple, memorable dessert you never knew you needed! It's just as easy to make as banana bread, and brings a fresh new flavor to the same old quick breads. #strawberry nut bread #strawberry bread #quick bread #bread #strawberry #strawberries and despite how put together and "pretty" this strawberry bread looks… uhhh it was a complete fail. taste. This is how Fresh Strawberry Bread was born. A coworker wondered if I had recommendations for After a little tinkering and a bit of trial and error, I had a fantastic Fresh Strawberry Bread recipe on.