Tofu and Gravy. Tofu and vegetables are stir-fried and combined with gravy in this vegan dish. Tofu is baked to firm and crisp it and then it is smothered in a slightly tangy mushroom-onion gravy. This makes a generous amount of gravy so that it can go over potatoes roasted while the tofu cooks.
Tofu Gravy Goes well with chapathi,roti, Phulkas, kulchas, rice, pulao's and fried rice. Tofu is a curd made from the milk of pressed soybeans. It has a gelatinous texture and doesn't really have a flavor of. You can have Tofu and Gravy using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu and Gravy
- Prepare 4 of tofu.
- Prepare 250 gr of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of garlic, crushed and minced.
- You need 1/2 of onion, minced.
- You need 1 of bouillon cube (beef).
- Prepare 1 cup of cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Making Tofu with Mushroom Gravy is a nice way to prepare tofu. The procedure is simple; the ingredients are readily available in supermarkets; and it tastes good. You can use this gravy with tofu, as I did, or even with meat substitutes and vegetables like mushrooms or eggplant. It is fabulous every which way.
Tofu and Gravy step by step
- I used Indonesian tofu which is a bit thin and big. But you can use a regular tofu and slice them in two or even four, up to you. Fry the tofu until golden brown and set aside..
- Heat the pan. I prefer not to use oil in this, but it's your call. Add the ground beef and stir until it becomes brown. Add garlic, onion, bouillon cube, and worcestershire sauce..
- Stir continuously until well-combined. Add cream and stir for a minute or so..
- Pour the gravy on top of the fried tofu..
Adding tofu to this dish brings it closer to. The Best Tofu Gravy Recipes on Yummly Sausage Gravy, Matar Tofu Recipe – Peas Tofu Gravy, Sawmill Peppered Sausage Gravy. Mushrooms marry well with tofu (which is cooked until crisp on the outside but still soft in the center), and oyster sauce provides a mellow base to. Tofu seems bland food,it takes on the flavor of it's surrounding ingredients,making it a highly versatile as well as highly nutrious part of a healthy diet.