Raven's Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing. Soft, sweet, no-knead cinnamon rolls with a decadent vanilla cream cheese icing makes for an easy yet unforgettable breakfast! (Jump to Recipe). Distract yourself from the smell by putting together the cream cheese icing while they bake. Take these babies out of the oven and.
The scent of cinnamon rolls baking in the oven is arguably one of life's greatest pleasures. Cinnamon Roll Glaze turns homemade or store bought cinnamon rolls into the ultimate treat! One of our favorite weekend treats are Easy Cinnamon Rolls. You can have Raven's Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing using 16 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Raven's Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk (scalded).
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter not margarine.
- It’s 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 package of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt (if using salted butter, omit salt).
- Prepare 4 cups of all purpose flour plus more for dusting.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- You need 2 cups of packed brown sugar.
- You need 3 tablespoons of cinnamon. Or to taste.
- Prepare 1 stick of softened butter.
- It’s of Cream Cheese Icing:.
- It’s 1-8 oz of package softened cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 stick of softened butter.
- It’s 2 cups of confectioner sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
While Chris and I often enjoy it with Cream Cheese Icing, the girls prefer. Spread the softened butter onto the dough and sprinkle heavily with cinnamon sugar mix. Starting at the large side roll tightly to form a long log. Be warned, these cinnamon rolls will disappear quickly!
Raven's Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing instructions
- Bring milk to just under a boil. When bubbles form around edge turn off heat and remove..
- Add butter and granulated sugar to hot milk. Stir until butter is melted and sugar dissolved..
- When cooled to lukewarm, add yeast. Let proof for 10 minutes or until frothy..
- After yeast has proofed, add eggs and flour and salt last..
- If using bread machine use dough cycle. If using mixer with hook attachment, mix on low speed until combined. Then on medium speed for around 8 to 10 minutes..
- Knead until dough is smooth and elastic. It should pull away from sides of bowl. It should be soft and not stick to your finger when touched..
- If dough is sticky, add a couple tablespoons of flour until no longer sticky. Add couple drops of water if to dry..
- Oil a large bowl and roll dough around to cover. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double in size..
- Punch down dough. On floured surface, roll out dough into 9×13 rectangle..
- Mix softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until a creamy paste and well combined..
- Spread filling generously onto dough leaving 1 inch edge at one end. This helps to seal edges by leaving off the filling..
- Starting with long edge, roll tightly in jelly roll fashion..
- When you get to opposite edge, pull dough up and pinch to seal together. Pinch and tuck in ends also..
- With serated knife, pizza cutter or dental floss, cut rolls into 12 to 15 pieces..
- Place rolls touching each other in oiled 9×13 baking dish..
- If you want bigger rolls, cut wider slices and you can also roll out dough bigger to make more rolls before filling..
- Cover with plastic wrap or towel and let rise in warm place until double in size..
- Heat oven to 350. Bake rolls 15 to 20 minutes or until set in center. Cover with foil if browing to fast after 15 minutes..
- While rolls are baking, mix the cream cheese, vanilla, butter and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. If to thick, add little splash of milk to thin slightly..
- Spread half of the icing over hot rolls as soon as they come out of oven. This melts into nooks and crannies and is delicious!.
- When slightly cooled but still warm, spread the rest of icing over warm rolls..
- I hope you enjoy these as much as I do :).
Easy to follow instructions included, with a few helpful time-saving tips too. These cinnamon rolls are sweet, spicy, and decadent, and they can satisfy those who want a crunchy sugar glaze on the bottom and creamy icing on top. For the icing, beat the cream cheese. Cream cheese icing: Made with cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, powdered sugar and milk. Super easy recipe but some of the best cinnamon rolls I've ever made!