Lonnie’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. This homemade spaghetti sauce recipe was passed down from my Sicilian grandma. It has been used for generations and you can't mess it up! It is really easy and tastes SO much better than the store bought sauce.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Homemade Spaghetti Sauce is so full of flavor and it's easy to make it in large batches for freezing or canning for easy homemade meals that are prepared. How is the homemade italian spaghetti sauce served? You can cook Lonnie’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lonnie’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Prepare of MEAT Prep:.
- Prepare 1-1/2 lbs of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of SAUCE Prep:.
- It’s 2 cans (28 oz) of Crushed Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz) of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz) of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of Dry Minced Onion.
- It’s 2-1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Basil.
- You need 1-1/2 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper (Red Pepper).
I say "homemade" because any other way to serve spaghetti sauce would be a sacrilege. As a matter of fact—and sorry if we are ruining any businesses, it's so easy to do, that you'll regret ever having bought a can. Easy homemade spaghetti sauce loaded with fresh herbs, onions, garlic, wine and fresh roasted tomatoes! Loaded with onions, garlic, tomatoes, fresh herbs and a splash of wine!
Lonnie’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce instructions
- Add all sauce ingredients to crock pot and mix well.
- Brown beef in skillet, adding Onion, Garlic, and Worcestershire before meat starts cooking..
- Drain remaining liquid from meat and add to sauce. Mix well..
- Set crock pot to LOW and cook for 4 – 6 hours..
- NOTE: Sugar is added to cut the acid. Add the 2 Tbs at the beginning, and test the sauce about an hour before serving. Add a little more sugar if needed if the sauce is too tart..
- Turn crock pot OFF 30 minutes before serving..
But this homemade spaghetti meat sauce is a hundred times better then that. I've made it at least that many times, so my math must be right. I will say that when I make the full recipe (scratch sauce, not skipping the mushrooms, fresh garlic instead of powder, etc, etc) the entire family notices the difference. Filed Under: Seasonal Summer, Tomatoes Tagged With: Pasta Sauce, Tomatoes. The first time you look at the nutritional information on something so simple as a store-bought jar or tin of spaghetti sauce is a real eye opener.