Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy. A juicy Salisbury Steak recipe with Mushroom Gravy Salisbury Steak Sauce. Juicy seasoned beef patties drowning in an outrageously delicious Mushroom Gravy, this Salisbury Steak recipe has been tried and loved by readers from all over the world… now it's your turn! 🙂. A great from-scratch salisbury steak and gravy recipe I found a long time ago.
Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl; stir into onion mixture. Lean ground beef and turkey are combined to lighten up this classic, retro American dish. Lean ground beef and turkey are combined with breadcrumbs and sauteed onions then shaped into patties and simmered in a mushroom gravy to create a lightened, healthier version of this retro. You can have Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 1/2 of small onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 8 of saltine crackers, finely crushed.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh sage, minced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 12 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley for garnisg.
The gravy does need more cornstarch but we loved that there was lots of it. I used white mushrooms because that's what I had and it was fine. Best Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy – A hearty Classic Meal! Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy Cancel reply.
Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy instructions
- Gently mix the beef, egg, onion, cracker crumbs, sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl using your hands. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into oval patties, about 1/2 inch thick..
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the patties, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate..
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet and cook the mushrooms until slightly browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste, scraping up any browned bits. Sprinkle in the flour and stir, then stir in beef broth and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, swirling to combine..
- Return the patties and any juices from the plate to the skillet. Simmer until the sauce thickens and the patties are cooked through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper..
Homemade Salisbury steak with mushrooms and onion gravy. Home » Main Dishes » Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy This Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy recipe is absolutely amazing! Juicy ground beef patties are smothered in a rich mushroom sauce for the ultimate healthy family dinner. Add beef stock and whisk in gravy mix until smooth.