Orange chicken. Orange chicken is a North American Chinese dish of Hunan origin. The variety of orange chicken most commonly found at North American Chinese restaurants consists of chopped. Chinese Orange Chicken made with crispy fried chicken covered in an authentic orange sauce.
Just like Panda Express but even better! Orange chicken is one of the most popular Chinese. Great orange flavor – tastes similar to restaurant Crispy Orange Chicken. You can have Orange chicken using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange chicken
- Prepare 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast (trimmed of fat).
- Prepare of All-purpose flour.
- You need of Zest of 1 large orange.
- You need 1/2 cup of juice.
- It’s 1-2 tbs of flour for sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2-4 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 2-3 tbs of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Salt& pepper.
- You need of Oil for frying.
The following changes should improve texture. After frying chicken keep warm on baking sheet in oven. Orange Chicken is a classic Chinese-American take-out dish popularized by Panda Express. My version is loaded with juicy chunks of gingery marinated chicken, and the all-natural glaze is made.
Orange chicken step by step
- Cut chicken in to bite size pieces. Salt and pepper. Coat evenly in flour.
- In a large skillet heat 1 inch of oil on high. Fry chicken both sides til golden brown. Drain on paper towel..
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil on the stove. When thickened toss in chicken. Serve over rice..
My Chinese Orange Chicken is sticky, sweet and tangy. I'm going to show you how to get succulent crispy chicken pieces and plenty of that delicious orange sauce. It's easy to make at home. This Orange Chicken Recipe brings Chinese takeout home! It's easy to make and oh so delicious to enjoy this takeout fakeout favorite in the comfort of your own kitchen.