Baked Apple Cinnamon Rollups.
You can cook Baked Apple Cinnamon Rollups using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Apple Cinnamon Rollups
- Prepare 1 of med frozen pie crust, thawed (or make your own dough from scratch, but I prefer things quick and simple!).
- It’s 5 of small red apples.
- It’s 3/4 stick (6 tbsp) of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
Baked Apple Cinnamon Rollups instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. Clean, peel, core and dice 5 small red apples..
- Melt 1/2 stick butter and 1/2 cup sugar in skillet over Medium heat (I used a small skillet, but a medium size would be best)..
- Drop apples in skillet, mix and heat until juicy. Increase to Med High heat and caramelize for 10 min, until apples are barely brown..
- While apples cook… unroll 1 frozen pie crust in glass 13×6 pan. Cover with 2 tbsp melted butter, almost to edges..
- Mix cinnamon (1 tbsp) and brown sugar (1 cup) in bowl then sprinkle evenly over buttered crust. Leave a small amount for topping..
- Slice pie crust into 1.5” strips width-wise. Pick up slices to let excess cinnamon/sugar slide off, except what’s stuck to the butter..
- Once apples have caramelized, spread them onto pie strips, leaving a small amount in skillet for topping..
- Roll strips and place on a small, foiled pan. It’s okay if the filling runs out a bit..
- Sprinkle any remaining apples and cinnamon mixture on top of rolls. Bake for about 10 minutes (until pie dough is cooked)..
- Eat while warm. Serve with a cold glass of milk!.