Baked Penne with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes. Baked Penne with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes. Halve each piece lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Each baking dish serves four; bake one tonight, and freeze the other for a ready-made dinner later on.
A family favorite, this recipe makes one baking dish for now and one to freeze for a ready-made dinner when you're pressed for time. Drain pasta and return to pot. A light and fresh skillet supper of penne pasta, chicken, asparagus, artichoke hearts, and sun-dried tomato is a great way to celebrate asparagus season. You can have Baked Penne with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Penne with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter, plus more for baking dishes.
- Prepare 1 of Coarse salt and ground pepper.
- You need 1 lb of penne rigate.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), halved horizontally.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled).
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 6 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 10 oz of white mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded provolone (6 ounces).
- It’s 1 cup of finely grated Parmesan (4 ounces).
Add chicken and pasta to pot; season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta mixture between baking dishes; sprinkle each with cup Parmesan. back. Sautéed boneless chicken breast tenders combine with a savory Italian sauce and penne pasta. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese finishes this incredibly tasty meal that's sure to impress.
Baked Penne with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter two shallow 2-quart baking dishes. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes short of al dente; drain pasta, and return to pot..
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper; cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Halve each piece lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise..
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, melt butter over medium. Add flour and garlic; cook, whisking, 1 minute. While whisking, gradually add milk; bring to a simmer, whisking frequently. Add mushrooms and tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Off heat, gradually stir in provolone and 1/2 cup Parmesan..
- Add chicken and pasta to pot; season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta mixture between baking dishes; sprinkle each with cup Parmesan..
- Bake, uncovered, until top is golden and bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving..
Fill a large pot with water, and Combine the chicken and wine in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top. This creamy sun-dried tomato penne was a hit, we devoured it as fast as we could. And our little one loved it too! This recipe for sun dried tomato pasta is penne pasta with sauteed chicken and spinach, tossed in a creamy garlic sauce.