Mandorin Orange Pork Ribs.
You can cook Mandorin Orange Pork Ribs using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mandorin Orange Pork Ribs
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of bottle hickory barbeque sauce (2 bottles).
- You need 2 lb of Pork ribs.
- It’s 1 of dry rub blend.
- You need 1 of Jalapeno juice (optional).
- You need 4 of 4oz cups Dole mandarin oranges in 100% fruit juice.
Mandorin Orange Pork Ribs step by step
- Pat ribs dry..
- Rub down with dry rub blend. For this recipe, the blend included cajun seasoning, onion powder, granulated garlic and seasoned salt. However, this was due to lack of supplies. Create whatever blend pleases you..
- Open the mandarin orange cups and pour the juice over the ribs. Crush the oranges to release the juice and rub the pulverized oranges in. This is your marinade..
- The juice will blend with the dry rub. This is intended. Put the ribs in the refrigerator and let sit overnight at the very least..
- Periodically use the juice and spice mixture in the bottom of the pan to add another coat of marinade. Every few hours is fine. Be sure to coat both sides..
- When ready to cook, remove the ribs from the marinade and boil the marinade in a saucepan on the stove. Marinade can become contaminated when left in contact with bloody meat, so this kills bacteria and helps caramelize the mixture..
- Remove marinade from heat and stir in barbeque sauce to desired consistency. Pour in jalapeno juice if desired for a little kick..
- Cover ribs with the sauce and pour any extra sauce in the bottom of the pan. This should result in a glaze on top and sauce for the underside to cook in..
- Cover with foil and cook at 400°F fahrenheit for about 90 minutes. Every 30 minutes, flip the ribs and apply a fresh coat of glaze to the top side..
- Ribs are done when internal temperature reaches the safe level for pork, or when a fork can be inserted easily into the meat and removed without lifting the ribs from the pan..
- After removing, drizzle with one final coat of orange marinade and serve..