Chicken Schnitzel with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce. This dish has always been a family favorite. If you are craving for a comforting dinner to share with everyone then nothing is more perfect than this recipe. Fried chicken served with a mushroom cream sauce.
A highly versatile creamy Mushroom Sauce for steak, chicken, pork chops and other seared A mushroom sauce for steak. A baked sweet potato stuffed to the brim with mushrooms in a creamy Schnitzel with Mushroom Sauce (oh my….) Smothered omelettes; Add pasta and toss, toss, toss! In one add coconut and tapioca flour and mix well with a fork. You can cook Chicken Schnitzel with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Schnitzel with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- It’s of For Chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 14 inch slices.
- You need 2 of large eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoons wayer (egg wash).
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour seasoned with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of butter.
- You need of For Sauce.
- Prepare 8 ounces of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 of shallot munced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
- You need 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks red hot.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil.
In the other whisk eggs, parsley, cheese (optional), nutmeg, cream and dijon mustard together. Chicken thighs smothered in the most amazing, most creamy, most heavenly mushroom sauce of all time. I actually made it as a sauce to go with steak and it's perfect. I deglazed the pan of mushrooms and garlic with a splash of white wine, which I simmered down a bit before adding the.
Chicken Schnitzel with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce step by step
- Start by setting up a breading area for the chicken. Have the seasoned flour in one plate, beaten eggs in a bowl and then combine the romano cheese and bread crumbs in another plate.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet. Dredge each chicken slice first in flour.
- Then dip in egg wash.
- Then finely dredge in crumb cheese mixture.
- Add to hot oil and cook until golden on both sides and chicken is just cooked through, about 4 minutes, remmove to warm plate.
- Into skillet chicken was cooked add mushroons, shallots and garlic. Cover to help mushrooms realease their liquid, then uncover and cook until liquid is gone. Add broth , worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, lemon, sait and pepper to taste and hot sauce and reduce by 1/2.
- Add sour cream and heat until hot, add parsley and basil.
- Serve sauce on plate with chicken on top, pass any extra sauce for adding. Don't add to much sauce on the chicken at serving or it will soften the crust.
This chicken and mushroom dish could be served over noodles or rice, or just enjoyed on its own with a nice crusty bread. Half-and-half, is a simple blend of equal parts whole milk. Every cook needs a good easy creamy mushroom sauce recipe. It's perfect stirred through pasta and fantastic on grilled steak. I didn't have a clue what to make but luckily my mom kept a pretty well-stocked fridge/freezer and I quickly settled on chicken schnitzel (which I still buy ready-made, FYI).