Linguine al Vongole. Chef Theo Randall shows you how to cook clams with chilli and garlic and add them to linguine to make an exotic dish. Subscribe to Huffington Post UK Today. This linguine pasta alle vongole is my Sicilian hubby's recipe.
In this classic pasta dish, linguine is tossed with clams, garlic, white wine, and lemon, for a light and delicious dinner! Spoel de vongole af in een vergiet onder koud stromend water. Vul een pot met flink gezouten water (vergelijkbaar met zeewater) en laat. You can cook Linguine al Vongole using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Linguine al Vongole
- You need of clams.
- It’s of shrimp, shelled.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- You need of hot pepper flakes.
- Prepare of white wine.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of black pepper and salt.
- You need of parsley, chopped.
Linguine vongole is a simple dish PACKED with flavoor. Bursting with all of the colors of Italy, this seafood pasta combines white wine, juicy cherry tomatoes, parsley. Ajouter à mes carnets. la recette Linguini alle vongole. Drain the linguine when it is one minute short of the cooking time on the package instructions and.
Linguine al Vongole step by step
- Scrub the clams in cold water to remove sediment on the outside.
- Purge the clams by submerging them in 2 qts of cold water with 6 Tbsp of salt for ~30 min..
- Bring a salted pot of water to boil.
- In a separate pot or large skillet over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, and hot pepper flakes. Saute until the garlic just begins to color.
- Add the wine to the pan.
- Add the clams to the pan and cover..
- Checking every minute or so, remove the clams that have opened to prevent them from over cooking.
- When the last few clams are remaining, add the shrimp and poach until pink, continuing to remove the opened clams. Remove the sauce from the heat..
- Remove the clams from the shells and lightly chop along with the shrimp.
- Boil the pasta in a less amount of water. You'll need the starchy pasta water to help thicken the sauce.
- Bring the sauce back to a boil, and add the butter and a 1/4 cup of pasta water and whisk until incorporated. Season your sauce with black pepper, but dont salt it. The sauce should be salty enough from the purged clams and the pasta water..
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce and mix.
- Add the reserved chopped seafood and the parsley. Plate with a drizzle of fresh olive oil and a touch of finishing salt (i used smoked salt)..
Easy Linguine with Clam Sauce (Linguine con Vongole). Look for the smallest clams you can find. The small clams are sweeter and make a better match for the mouthfuls of twirling pasta. Spaghetti al pomodoro "tomato sauce spaghetti", gnocchi ai quattro formaggi "four cheeses gnocchi", linguine alle vongole "clam linguini", etc. When it's not about food, al means.