Oatmeal Cake. Oatmeal Cake is the perfect dessert to make for your mom this weekend! First you'll add the boiling water to the oats and let them soak until the mixture cools. If you are looking for easy and delicious cake recipe, this Quick apple oatmeal cake is for you.
The cake is more spectacular served with the restaurant's homemade caramel ice cream. My husband always raved about the Oatmeal cake he grew up with so I had to make it. This old-fashioned oatmeal cake might not win any beauty awards, but one bite and this oatmeal cake will instantly become a family favorite! You can have Oatmeal Cake using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Cake
- Prepare of Oatmeal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- It’s 1 cup of oatmeal.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s of Cake.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sifted flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1/4 cup of half & half.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of coconut.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped nuts.
- You need of powder sugar.
This DELICIOUS Oatmeal Cake is an old-fashioned cake made with rolled oats and a delicious coconut almond topping. As they say, "an oldie, but a goodie"! When you make this oatmeal cake, it will take you back to your childhood. This recipe is full of delicious nostalgia, see how you can make it yourself.
Oatmeal Cake step by step
- Pour 1 1/4 cups boiling water over 1 cup oatmeal and a stick of butter. Let stand for 20 minutes..
- Beat together eggs and sugar, then add oatmeal mixture. Add all additional ingredients for the cake and mix well..
- Pour cake mix into a greased 9×13 inch pan..
- Toss ingredients for topping together in a separate bowl (not including powdered sugar). Before baking, sprinkle topping gently over cake. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes..
- Once the cake is cooled 30 minutes dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy.
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cake with Broiled FrostingThe Country Cook. Yellow Cake Strawberry Hazelnut Baked OatmealAlly's Sweet and Savory Eats. This oatmeal cake is near and dear to my heart. It is insanely delicious and comforting and just really, really plain good. The cake layer is soft and hearty, and the topping is caramel-y and coconut-y and.