Steak With Gravy. For the steak: Begin with setting up an assembly line of dishes. Cube steak is topped with a rich pan gravy in this nostalgic comfort-food recipe. Yummy steak with great gravy as long as you're patient while making the gravy.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add steaks and brown on both sides. Watch me make these Hamburger Steaks w/ Onion Gravy from start to finish! Lord have mercy…there are just some meals that are the epitome of southern comfort food like hamburger steak and gravy! You can have Steak With Gravy using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steak With Gravy
- Prepare of Steak.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground beef.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of Thinly sliced onions.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Gravy.
- You need 2 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Beef broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of And a splash of cooking sherry.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
A hearty dinner that combines Progresso™ bread crumbs with beef and mushrooms. I love to serve Cubed Steak with Onion Gravy over mashed potatoes to soak up all that yummy gravy with a side of peas. Are you a fan of peas mixed into your mashed potatoes? Salisbury steak is a classic American dish with ground beef patties seasoned in various manors and The recipe called for gravy mix and no onions in the gravy, but I can fix that.
Steak With Gravy step by step
- Mix together beef, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce. Form into 8 balls and flatten into patties..
- Heat oil in medium heat. Fry patties and onions about 4 min each side. Remove patties and put on a side..
- Pour flour into onions and beef drippings. Stir. Slowly pour beef broth and cooking sherry in. Stir. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer for 5 min until gravy is thickened. Return patties to pan, cover and let simmer on low for 15 min..
Cut each steak into the desired serving size, if necessary. Steak fingers and gravy are yummy with mashed potatoes or biscuits, of course. But in the hot summertime, cold grapes are pretty much the perfect pairing. Crispy on the outside, tender and juicy inside, Chicken Fried Steak with Country Gravy is a dinner the whole family will love. Hamburger steaks—or Salisbury steaks—always make a satisfying family dinner, and many consider them comfort food.