Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce. This tomato-based sauce has a sweet yet tangy flavor from the bourbon. This is a great barbecue sauce for most meats. This is a great barbecue sauce for just about anything but is particularly good on beef, poultry, and pork.
It's not even summer yet and I'm already in BBQ mode. I've been thinking of a million and one ways to use this barbecue sauce. I guess that's what a freezing cold winter will do to a person. You can have Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- You need 1 of shallot.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 4 oz of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
Bourbon isn't just any whiskey, there are specific requirements which have to be met by the distiller in order for him / her to call their whiskey Bourbon. Here I'll explain what a Bourbon whiskey is and if you want to know more about the differences between Bourbon. How to Make Sweet Cherry Bourbon Barbecue Sauce. Stir in cherries, bourbon, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, cider vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce instructions
- Simmer 1 cup bourbon in a pot for 5 minutes until reduced by about half..
- Dice shallot and garlic and add to pot, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to pot, simmering for 20 minutes..
- Check salt levels, cool and refrigerate a few hours before serving to allow flavors to fully meld..
Have this sweet-and-spicy sauce on hand all grilling season. In our ultimate barbecue sauce, smoky bourbon blends with spicy Thai chile for a powerful sauce tamed by the sweetness of brown sugar and peach preserves. Why buy barbecue sauce when you can make it? Here ketchup, bacon, vinegar, brown sugar, and bourbon are mixed with lots of spices for a sweet, tart, smoky barbecue sauce. Play around with the ingredients: Add more bourbon, less vinegar, different spices, or swap out the sugar for agave nectar.